Albina Ministerial Alliance (AMA) Coalition for Justice and Police Reform
SAVE THE DATE: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 10 AM
Now that the City has dropped its appeal, Judge Simon has set the date
for the annual Status Conference on the US DOJ Settlement Agreement,
which will include a Fairness Hearing for the community.
The Albina Ministerial Alliance Coalition for Justice and Police Reform is working toward these five goals:
1. A federal investigation by the Justice Department to include criminal and civil rights violations, as well as a federal audit of patterns and practices of the Portland Police Bureau.
2. Strengthening the Independent Police Review Division and the Citizen Review Committee with the goal of adding power to compel testimony.
3. A full review of the Bureau's excessive force and deadly force policies and training with diverse citizen participation for the purpose of making recommendations to change policies and training.
5. Establishing a special prosecutor for police excessive force and deadly force cases.
The Coalition follows these three Principles:
1. Embrace the five goals outlined above.
2. Accept the principles of non-violent direct action as enunciated by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
3. Work as a team in concert to achieve the goals.
How to Reach The AMA Coalition
Chair - Email Address: email@example.com
Vice Chair - Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal Communications - Email Address: email@example.com